A Warm Welcome to our Visitors
Visitor Tee Times
Visitors are welcome to play the course on the following days subject to availability. Please note we do not operate with a tee booking system and you are likely to be asked to start your round within 5 minutes or so of your starting time. You may be asked to commence your round from the 1st, 5th or 13th tee but these are all located in close proximity to the Clubhouse.
For those visitors who wish to enjoy the dining facilities in the Clubhouse you would require to tee off no later than 10.30am in morning and no earlier than 2.30pm in the afternoon.
Monday: 9.30am to 12.30pm & 2pm to 3.30pm
Tuesday 10am to 11.30am & 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Wednesday 10am to 11.50am & 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Thursday 10am to 11.50am & 2.30pm to 3.30pm
Friday 10am to 11.50am & 2pm to 3.30pm
Saturday No Visitor Bookings
Sunday 10.00am to 11.50am & 2pm to 3.30pm
This year we must welcome visitors from “a distance”. We are sure you will understand that some in our community, and in our membership are nervous of visiting parties. A large proportion of our members are aged 65 & over and are vulnerable. We would ask all visitors to play their part, as we have all been doing during lockdown to protect one another and keep this virus at bay.
The Board, and members of Luffness New would ask that all visitors adhere to the following: –
- Only travel if you are not showing any symptoms of Covid-19;
- Only travel if you are safe to do so and not living in an area that is currently locked down or has travel restrictions;
- If you have been abroad, we would ask that no one who should be quarantining attends the club;
- Observe social distancing (2 metres in Scotland); and
- Regularly wash your hands and carry your own sanitiser.
Prior To Arriving:-
- For track and trace purposes please can we ask that the full names and contact telephone number of each person attending is submitted to email@example.com.
On the course: –
- There are staff working on the golf course, and we ask that you respect their space.
- We have 6 buggies available each day for hire and these are required to be booked in advance. Only one person is permitted to have use of the buggy and one set of clubs can be carried on the buggy at any one time. Buggies are fully sanatised before and after use.
- Flags must remain in the hole at all times.
- Bunkers – we have adopted the local rule of preferred lies of up to 6 inches in the bunkers. No rakes are provided so we ask that each player smooths the surface with their feet or their club.
- We do not have any course furniture out e.g. ball washers, benches or litter bins. Please take any litter away with you.
Clubhouse (This area is operating with at least 1 metre social distancing)
- There are staff working in the Clubhouse, and we ask that you respect their space and adhere to any guidance given to you by them.
- The use of locker rooms is discouraged but can be used in emergency e.g. to change in wet weather. There is still no access to the shower rooms. The default position remains to arrive ready for golf and to change shoes in the car park.
- Toilet facilities are available.
- Our dress code has been relaxed temporarily. Access to the Smoke Room and Dining Room can be in golf attire however no golf shoes, shorts, waterproof clothing or head wear is permitted.
- We respectively ask that furniture is not moved, or seats pulled together to create larger groups. We are doing everything we can to comply with the regulations from Government and ask that you help us in this matter.
- If you are dining with us, please note that in Scotland no more than 2 households can meet at any one time indoors. Tables are therefore set up in 2’s and we ask that you adhere to any guidance given by staff.
On arrival at the Club, please check in with the bar staff in the casual bar, the door of which is directly in front of you when you enter the main entrance hall.
On the Course
We expect golfers to wear formal golfing attire, including the wearing of recognised golf shoes. For gentlemen golfers who choose to wear tailored shorts whilst on the course are required to wear knee length socks. Jeans are not permitted.
In the Clubhouse
Pre 9.45am, visitors may use all areas of the Clubhouse in golfing attire.
After 9.45am. gentlemen are required to wear jacket and tie in the Smoke Room, North Lounge and Dining room. Ladies should be dressed in a complementary manner.
Please note no golf shoes, waterproofs, wind tops, outdoor coats or headgear of any kind are allowed in the Smoke Room at any time.
Slow Play & Etiquette
The enjoyment of a round of golf can be destroyed by slow play. Please be aware of players in front and behind and if you are holding players up and there is a gap of in front please let other golfers through.
Irrespective of group size we would expect a round of golf here should take no more than 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Our staff will do all they can to make your visit to us a memorable occasion. It is our policy that members of staff do not accept personal gratuities, however if you are pleased with their efforts, we would welcome your decision to pay a gratuity and this will be divided amongst all staff.
The use of mobile telephones to make or receive calls is prohibited in the Clubhouse or on the Course unless in an emergency.
Calls may be made, if necessary, anywhere out with the Clubhouse.
Smartphones may be used in the Clubhouse when being used as an electronic diary. Texting or accessing the internet on a smartphone or any other electronic device is prohibited in the Clubhouse or on the Course.
Luffness New Golf Club Ltd is not liable for the property of visitors, so please look after your property at all times and do not leave valuables unattended in the locker room.
Personal Liability Insurance
A few years ago, an incident at Niddrie Golf Club resulted in damages being awarded to a bystander who had been struck in the eye by a golf ball. Damages were awarded both against the golfer hitting the shot and against the golf club. Whilst Luffness New Golf Club is covered fully for third party liability, members and visitors are advised that the onus for personal liability remains with the individual. In consequence, you are advised that any golfer playing at Luffness New must ensure, before play, that he/she has adequate third-party insurance cover.
The Club does not employ caddies; however, visitors may book caddies directly through ‘Caddy Hire Ltd’ a company approved by the Club to provide caddies directly to golf visitors. Bookings may be made either by telephoning Craig on 07576-198984, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Caddy Hire website www.caddyhire.com.
Pull Trolleys can be hired on the day at a cost of £5.00 per round.
Buggies are available to visitors with medical conditions only and can be requested at the time of booking and the cost for 18 holes is £40.00.
If you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact Mary Lou Watkins, Assistant Secretary by e-mail to email@example.com